Sunday, April 7, 2013

twenty weeks = five months = halfway!

We've done it!  We're halfway there.  The last five months have gone by fast, filled with new experiences, both uncomfortable and so exciting.  We are getting more and more excited for this babe to come.  Our ultrasound is Friday and we'll get to find out if it's a boy or a girl.  Oh boy, so much joy and excitement!
Date/How Far Along: April 7, 2013 = 20 weeks and 1 day.

Size of baby: Sweet Potato

Sleep:  I have no complaints, some days are great, some good, sometimes I have to pee and sometimes I get a big chuck at one time.  I haven't felt tired so I'm so thankful.

Total Weight Gain:  I think I might have gained a few more pounds since my last midwife appointment.  I have my midwife appointment Friday too so I'll get an official weight then.

Symptoms:  Honestly nothing to complain about.  I've had a little back pain, but I learned some yoga moves that help.  I have also learned that moving around and not sitting/laying in the same position for long periods of time helps.  My abdominals have also still been sore, but I think it's both from stretching and going to yoga.

Movement:  So much dancing!  I love the feelings so much!  The babe loves hockey.  Last night we went to his daddy's last game of the season and there was so much movement in there.  John tried to feel it yesterday and I felt bad because there's nothing to feel from the outside yet.  I really want him to have some of that experience like I do everyday.  He's going to be such a great daddy!

Maternity Clothes: Yup.  John was wonderful yesterday and went with me to get my first maternity pants. He was very patient with me.  He was even googling information about maternity pants because we couldn't decide what size I needed to get.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  I've also still been enjoying my maternity shirts with the ruching because it wraps so nice right around my pregnant tummy.  I also have a great pair for maternity leggings from Old Navy that I love.

Go-to eats: Salad.  Water.  Tacos.  Chicken Nuggets.

Best moment/s of the week: Starting my membership at Blooma on Wednesday.  I have gone three times.  I love their Prenatal Yoga (it's the only class I've tried so far).  I feel so beautiful and confident while I practice.  It's not a feeling that I might in many aspects of my life, so I know it is so healthy for me to be doing.  I hope that as I continue the confidence I find will spread to other areas of my life.  I would strongly recommend Blooma to any momma-to-be or new momma!

Hardest moment/s of the week:  When I wanted salad and we didn't have any.  I'd say that's a pretty wonderful week when that's the worst part.  

Gender: I still don't feel one way or another, maybe a slight lean to having a baby girl.  Less than a week and we'll know!  Holy cats I'm pumped!

What I wish people knew:  Pregnancy is kind of like a nine-month rollercoaster.  There are hills, dips, curves and eventually a stop.  Give pregnant mommas a break or a smile or some encouragement if they seem like they're having trouble handling the sharp turns. 

What I’m looking forward to:  Our ultrasound of course and the gender reveal party with our families :)

Milestones:  Your bones are hardening and your skin is developing.  You are a masterpiece.  I'm already a proud momma!

To check out the growing bump in photographs, click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment