Monday, April 22, 2013

twenty-two weeks.


Date/How Far Along: April 22, 2013 = 22 weeks and 2 days.  Happy Earth Day!

Size of baby: Papaya. 

Sleep: I caved in a bought a Snoogle at Bed Bath and Beyond.  My favorite yoga teacher was raving about it at class and kept saying that even though it's expensive it is useful after pregnancy.  Her kids and husband use it now.  It is wonderful.  It honestly helps me get more restful sleep and my hips haven't been quite as sore when I wake up.  I move it from the couch to the bed everyday and John and Comet have even enjoyed it!  (Click here for photos :)

Total Weight Gain:  Maybe another pound since my midwife appointment.  I weighed myself this morning right after eating a big bowl of cereal though.  Who knows.

Symptoms:  The pinch in my back and general soreness.  I should probably add that I'm emotional most of the time.  Poor John, he's been so great in all of this.  I do feel bad when I'm crying and he just has to sit there until I'm done. 

Movement:  Oh so much!  He is very active in the morning, which John laughed is not a good thing for him.  I'm still so anxious for John to be able to feel him kicking.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly.  I can't remember the last time I wore regular jeans, maybe the end of March.  I am getting so much wear out of the maternity jeans and leggings I have.  It is just not fun to be uncomfortable, so I'm sticking to what feels good.  Thankfully so much of what is available for pregnant mommas is cute.

Go-to eats: Salad and cheese.  Pickles made a comeback this week.  

Best moment/s of the week:  There were so many great times this week!  My sister and her husband finally got to close on their house on Thursday and we're so happy for them.  We got to celebrate with El Loro on Thursday night.  They met a puppy yesterday that they are hoping to adopt, so we're crossing our fingers about that.  I got to try a new class at Blooma on Thursday and I was the only person that showed up due to weather, so it was just me and the teacher.  John and I got frozen yogurt and looked at baby clothes on Saturday.  When we got home from being out the mail had came and we got our first few cloth diapers!  I was excited!  (Here's the colors we got.)  Yesterday we had a picnic in the park while we played with Comet.  (Picnic included Cheetos, pickles, juice boxes and two Reese's eggs)  Such a wonderful week!

Hardest moment/s of the week:  The weather.  We got a ton of snow and it's the later part of April.  I can finally see the sun today, so I plan to enjoy it because there is supposedly more snow on the way.  Yuck.  Hearing there was something "not quite right" on the ultrasound.  Argh, modern medicine.  

Gender:  We're having a baby boy :)

What I wish people knew:  That sometimes I feel useless.  I know I'm making a baby and all, but I'm not supposed to use cleaning supplies, not supposed to lift, not supposed to reach, not supposed to paint, not supposed do this or that and blah, blah, blah. 

What I’m looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to a peaceful week and the possibility of a 60 degree day on Friday/Saturday.

Milestones:  You are developing sleep cycles.  You'll probably sleep between 12-14 hours a day.  I imagine that will be a little difficult for me once you're bigger and want to be awake at midnight or 3am.  I might not enjoy it then, but I look forward to it because that means we're getting closer to meeting you!

To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment