Monday, April 15, 2013

twenty-one weeks.

Date/How Far Along: April 15, 2013 = 21 weeks and 2 days.

Size of baby: Pomegranate. (Erin you'll have to make a special trip over every Saturday to write for me :)

Sleep: The bump is continually protruding, so it is getting increasingly more difficult for me to sleep on my stomach.  I've taken to enjoying my left side mostly, but my left arm falls asleep, so I'm forced to roll over.  I'm thinking I'm in the market for a pregnancy pillow, but can't decide on which one. 

Total Weight Gain:  Total after 20 weeks and 6 days I had gained 10 pounds.  Puts me right where I need to be for the recommended weight gain.  I'm happy as long as the babe is getting what he needs.

Symptoms:  My abs have stopped being so sore, so the stretching that needed to take place must've happened.  My back still has a little pinch, but who knows if that's pregnancy related.  I'm overall doing great.  I can't complain!

Movement:  Lots.  Some days more than others.  At our ultrasound he was nestled right between my pelvic bones and didn't want to move much for the technician.  Hopefully he likes to snuggle once he's here too.

Maternity Clothes: Yup, nothing else is really that comfortable.  I can still fit into my regular t-shirts so that's fine, but I've been rocking my maternity leggings, maternity jeans or yoga pants.  I initially thought that most of my sweatpants would just stretch with me, but they actually hurt because they elastic is too tight.  Interesting tidbit of information I learned. 

Go-to eats: Salads.  I seriously can't get enough.  Cheese.  I was craving pickles the other day, but didn't actually eat any, so the feeling must have passed. 

Best moment/s of the week:  Our ultrasound and finding out that Baby Hammar is a boy.  It was so exciting to see the baby on the screen for 45 minutes.  I know I just stared in awe and I'm pretty sure I was a little teary.  I loved having John there too.  We got to see that everything was going well, that his heart was beating strong and he was growing.  Cutting the cake was a blast.  John is SO excited.  (Me too, but it was so cute to watch him.)  He was talking about how he's so excited to take him to Gopher hockey games once he gets older.  He is going to be such a great dad.  My heart just melted when he was talking about our boy.  So cute!  It was fun to watch my dad when we found out too.  He has four girls and one boy, so I'm pretty sure he is psyched for a grandson.  This babe is so lucky to be born into so much love!

Hardest moment/s of the week:  I had one day last week that was so emotional.  The day was hard then I spilled salad dressing everywhere (like on the walls and floor and everything), then I burnt my English muffin.  John came to the rescue, but later said he was having a hard time not bursting out with laughter.  It is hilarious now, but at the time I was not in too good of a mood.  I have also started to realize that I've gotten more uptight during this pregnancy (I was before too, not my proudest attribute), but I think it gets in the way of truly embracing the moment.  I'm going to work on it.  I need more dance parties, laughter and spontaneity in my life. 

Gender:  Baby Hammar is a boy.  Comet is going to have a little brother!  Click here for a more detailed post on how we found out :)

What I wish people knew:  My hormones are crazy, so cut me a little slack if I need it :) 

What I’m looking forward to:  My sister Erin and her husband Ryan are closing on their house on Thursday!  They've been waiting a while for this and I'm so happy for them to be able to own their own home.  It'll be a bit of a bummer because they're moving further away from us, but I'm excited anyway.  Erin is great at decorating so I'm sure their house will be so cute!

Milestones: The buds for your permanent teeth are forming and every as your growth slows all of your organs continue to develop.

To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment