Monday, April 1, 2013

nineteen weeks.

Sidenote to my pregnancy posts:  As I post I plan to be completely honest about my feelings and thoughts as we ride this rollercoaster into parenthood.  I plan to use this blog as a way for me to process this journey.  Thanks for taking the time to read.
Date/How Far Along: April 1, 2013 = 19 weeks & 2 days.

Size of baby: Mango

Sleep:  I'm still not going to complain about sleep, especially now that I'm back in my own bed.  My few bad nights happened on vacation, so they might not have been pregnancy related at all.  It is getting tough to sleep on my stomach though.  I have to strategically place my leg to prop myself up.

Total Weight Gain:  I think about 8 pounds.  Our 20 week appointment is a week from Friday, so that will be my official weigh in.  It has gotten a lot easier to not feel self conscious about weight gain now that the bump looks like a baby bump and not like a food baby.

Symptoms: Last week was great.  I wasn't nearly as tired as I was on our trip to San Diego, so I didn't feel I was holding up the show.  No nausea left.  I've had started to have some back pain. 

Movement:  Yes, yes, yes!  I've been waiting so anxiously to write this blog since Saturday!  We were at church and it was right after worship when we sat down and the babe had a little dance party in there for about 5 minutes.  Best feeling ever.  I've only had glimpses of it since then, but it was so wonderful.  I honestly don't remember anything that the sermon was about.  Oops!

Maternity Clothes: Yup.  There's no turning back at this point. I'm still able to fit into the jeans I got from my sister that are a size up, but if I'm sitting for a long period of time I just unbutton them.   I might have to add a few more items to my collection.

Go-to eats:  Lettuce, Raisinets and meat. 

Best moment/s of the week:  Having such great conversation with your daddy on our date night.  Coming home to see your big brother Comet.  Having my mom and family rubbing and talking to my belly.  They are pumped for this little one.

Hardest moment/s of the week
:

Gender: John's family took a poll yesterday and boy only got one more vote than girl.  I think overall we're about even on what people have guessed.  I still don't really have any thoughts about it.  Some days I call the babe a he and others a she.  Just depends on the day.  John is still hoping for a boy.  We both really just want a healthy babe.  Eleven days until our ultrasound!

What I wish people knew:  This isn't specifically answering this question but I wish John could feel the baby dance like I can.  It was such a delight for me and I just want him to feel it too.  At least it should only be a little while until he can feel it kicking from the outside. 

What I’m looking forward to: John being able to feel the baby and his hockey playoffs this week/weekend.

Milestones: You might actually start sleeping this week.  I was surprised to find this out because I thought you would've already been sleeping :)

To check out our growing baby bump, click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment