Monday, July 1, 2013

thirty-two weeks = eight months!

Date/How Far Along: July 1, 2013 = 32 weeks and 2 days. 
Size of baby:  Loaf of Bread.  These comparisons are getting frustrating because we honestly have no idea how accurate they are plus they're starting to seem silly.  He's gaining weight, but probably not much more height.   
Sleep:  I honestly still can't complain about sleep.  I have my bad nights, but most are tolerable and I've grown accustomed to occasional waking.  I would still recommend the pregnancy pillow to anyone and everyone because I honestly feel it's helped me.  John said he's had to nudge me to roll over from being on my back a few nights, but I don't usual remember.  I have had to deal with a few nights with leg cramps again and I've decided it happens when I haven't had enough water.  
Total Weight Gain:  I would guess around 21.5 or 22, but my midwife appointment is on Wednesday so I'll find out then.   
Symptoms: My hips hurt, but thankfully yoga really seems to help.  I've had a few bouts of feeling nauseous, but we're pretty sure it's due to exhaustion and heat.  I just have to continue to remember to take it easy. 
Movement:  So much and it's so wonderful.  A few of John's family members got to feel him on Friday night, which was fun.  I love when other people find so much joy in it like I do every day :)  He's definitely a little mover!  One morning last week it felt like he kept walking back and forth on my stomach.  It was so weird feeling.  I'm not sure if it was actual kicks or if he was just rolling over.  I honestly wish there was some kind of recording device so I could save some of the kicks forever! 
Maternity Clothes: During the week I'm usually sporting athletic clothing, so actually today I don't have anything maternity on.  If I have to dress up or just wear jeans my bottoms are always maternity.  Some of my t-shirts still fit, but only the long ones.  The short ones fan out too much. 
Go-to eats:  I made Chicken Alfredo Pizza last night which was delicious!  I'm making taco salad for supper tonight which I'm very excited about :)  Food is just exciting overall.  He much be growing. 
Best moment/s of the week:  There were SO many great moments last week!  I got to take Betsy on a field trip to Target and Mall of America on Thursday which was also the day I got to see John's sister's family that we haven't seen since January.  We had a fun baby shower on Friday night with John extended family, so it was fun to see all of them as well!  On Saturday we got to spend time with my grandma and tell my youngest sister some exciting news and have our maternity photo session (can't wait to show off the photos)!  It was a wonderful weekend!
Hardest moment/s of the week: Being exhausted by the end of all the fun.  I felt so sick!
Gender:  Our babe is a little guy.

What I wish people knew:  It's hard not to be nervous or scared about labor and delivery, especially now that it's getting so close!

What I’m looking forward to: Spending time with family this coming weekend over the 4th.  I do have to drop John off at the airport on Thursday because he's going on a trip, so I'm not looking forward to that. 
Milestones: You are practicing skills you will need outside your baby palace, like sucking and breathing and kicking and swallowing. 
To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment