Monday, June 24, 2013

thirty-one weeks.

Date/How Far Along: June 24, 2013 = 31 weeks and 2 days. 

Size of baby:  Soccer Ball.  We realize a basketball and a soccer ball are very similar, but the baby is gaining weight and very slowly gaining a few more inches in height. 

Sleep:   It hasn't been too bad.  The worst is him kicking me at 4am when I wake up to go pee and then can't fall back to sleep.  We slept in a hotel Friday and Saturday night for Grandma's Marathon and the beds there did not help my sleep.  I was very thankful to be back in my own bed last night.  I do find the lack of blankets that I use funny.  I'm usually completely snuggled in but lately I am so warm that I have a blanket under my leg wrapped around my hips and my belly just wiggles out of my shirt while I'm sleeping.  I'm sure it's a hilarious sight to John. 
Total Weight Gain:  I gained one more pound so I'm up to 154, so 21 pounds.  I'm not upset about it, just amazed at how pregnancy has changed my body. 

Symptoms:  Minor aches and pains, nothing major.  I'm so thankful.

Movement:  Lately he has been stretching a lot and so my sides hurt because he pushes so hard against them.  On Friday the midwife showed my sister Hannah how to find his knees and feet, so she had a fun time this weekend finding where he was sticking out. 

Maternity Clothes:  I didn't quite conquer my swimsuit fear at the hotel, John made me.  Wearing the bikini with other people around makes me feel like I'm back in high school and people are whispering about me.  It didn't take a long time for the feeling to pass though and we just hung out at the pool for a while.  I'm still trying to wear some of my pre-pregnancy t-shirts, but I don't know how much longer it will last.  They are really starting to fan out.  I might end up with the bottom of my bump showing soon. 

Go-to eats:  I haven't really been opposed to anything, but still love tacos.  I've still had a lot of trouble with too much salt and just feel incredibly gross afterwards.  

Best moment/s of the week:  Cheering Hannah and John on at Grandma's Marathon this past weekend.  I'm proud of Hannah for finishing her first and John his second! 

Hardest moment/s of the week:  Saying goodbye to my favorite yoga teacher.  She had to move to California with her family.  She will truly be missed!

Gender:  He's a boy.

What I wish people knew:  I honestly had a great one yesterday, but of course today is has completely vanished into thin air.  Thought of it!  I wish everyone knew how strong women are.  I am not a feminist by any means, but I'm amazed at the choices women make for themselves, their babies and their families.  I'm impressed by the lengths they'll go to to have a family.  To anyone every women out there, you are strong!
What I’m looking forward to:  We get to see John's sister and family and his extended family this weekend for a shower and we have maternity photos on Saturday.  So excited! 

Milestones:  You are going through a large amount of brain and nerve development this week.  All five of your senses are also functioning :) 

To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment