Tuesday, July 23, 2013

thirty-five weeks.

Date/How Far Along: July 23, 2013 = 35 weeks and 3 days.  Happy birthday to Uncle Karl from baby!
Size of baby:  Baby Averages from 35 Weeks:  He's probably a little over 5 pounds and it between 16-20 inches long.  One source said he's the size of a roasting chicken.  Possibly one of the worst references yet. 
Sleep: I feel like a light switch went off and now I have to get up at least twice per night to pee and then getting comfortable again is near impossible.  I'm still getting some good sleep, but I'm usually tired.  The pillow still does help, but it is just not easy between bathroom runs, a huge bump and back pain. 
Total Weight Gain:  I had gained nothing at my last appointment and the midwife said that was just fine.  He probably had a growth spurt before my last appointment.  I was also measuring a week bigger than I was supposed to which also can indicate a growth spurt.  Due to how happy I was about not gaining another 4.5 pounds I got Wendy's for Comet and I on my way home. 
Symptoms:  I asked the midwife about the groin pain and apparently it's totally normal and lots of women actually experience it.  It just has to do with all the pressure down there.  It's gotten tolerable and John is less worried every time I have to stop because of it.  I have been having lots of back pain this week which I assume is just the extra weight plus having to carry Miss B around at work.  I just try to continually change positions throughout the day in hopes that I ease the stress on my muscles.  I've been having very positive dreams about labor, delivery and breastfeeding as well.  It makes my mornings so much more positive.  I know he's coming (in no more than 6.5 weeks) and I know I can do it.    
Movement:  He's still wonderfully active even when it hurts :)  John has been touching my tummy more often to feel him and I love that.  The baby also seems to be especially excited when John and I talk to each other and he can hear both of our voices.  I've been feeling lots of hiccups!  Apparently my movements have also changed, my sweet grandma said to me on Sunday, "You know you're walking more like a duck these days."  I swore I didn't want to be the pregnant woman who waddles around and can't get out of chairs without help, but it's happened and I wouldn't trade it :)
Maternity Clothes:  Still a mix of both, but depending on what I'm wearing it can be more of one or the other.  I wore all regular clothes yesterday.    
Go-to eats:   I haven't had any strong cravings except for today.  I am meeting a friend for lunch and we decided on a place, but I couldn't stop thinking about a sandwich at a different place so she graciously said she'd go there with me instead.  I have been craving sushi so much, so that's another reason I will be so happy when this baby comes out.    
Best moment/s of the week:  We got to tour the birth center last Wednesday and that was reassuring.  It was still under construction when we saw it the first time, so it was nice to see what a room with a birthing tub looked like.  The tubs look great too which makes me more excited for our water birth!  I also got to see lots of family this weekend because we had our last baby shower.  It was such a blessing to have my grandparents drive up here from Nebraska for it.  I want them to be as involved as possible in the baby's life, so it was so nice.
Hardest moment/s of the week:  My sister and brother-in-law's puppy Sandy got hit by a car.  We are heartbroken and I feel worse because I know my sister is really sad about it.  We will really miss her!  Erin said though that she just got sent up to heaven for our grandpa's first heaven birthday.  I'm sure they're up there running and playing :)
Gender:  We are so excited about bringing a boy into the world. 

What I wish people knew:  I don't mind when most people touch my belly.  I haven't had a complete stranger do it yet, so that might be a little silly, but for the most part I haven't minded at all.     
What I’m looking forward to:  Another weekend of just our family of four, John, Comet, baby and I.  We'll probably try to get some more housework done, but hopefully we can find time to relax and enjoy each other's company.  I'm excited to see the few friends I get to see this week too!
Milestones: You are really focusing on gaining weight.  Most of your development is complete, so gaining weight is the next step to preparing for your entrance into the world. 
To check out my growing bump click here :) 
Have fun running and playing with Grandpa Morris little Sandy girl!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment