Monday, July 15, 2013

thirty-four weeks.

Date/How Far Along: July 15, 2013 = 34 weeks and 2 days. It's only 40 days until our guess date and 54 days until we are 42 weeks.  The midwives will not let us go later than 42 weeks, so in 54 days or less we'll have a baby to hold in our arms.  Holy buckets!  Yay!
 
Size of baby:  We quit trying to compare his size to an object.  Here's baby averages for 34 weeks:  17.2-18.7 inches long and 4.2-5.8 pounds.
 
Sleep:  I think I have to say it's still going well.  There are nights that are worse than others and it is getting harder to find a comfortable position, but I'm still getting more than I'll get after baby comes.  For that I'm thankful.
 
Total Weight Gain:  I'm hoping it's not a large amount more than at my last appointment, but I have an appointment on Friday, so we'll see. 
 
Symptoms:  The worst part is my upper thigh and groin muscles.  I'm not trying to be too graphic about it, but they are sore.  Sometimes they feel like they're being pulled so tight that I have to stop walking or doing whatever I'm doing.  It's weird.  It's not something I've heard others talk about or that I've read about.  
 
Movement:  He's so active and it's wonderful, but not always.  haha!  Honestly sometimes his twists and turns hurt.  He's so strong.  For the longest time it felt like he only sat on the right side of my abdomen, but now it feels like he's everywhere in there.  Poor guy is probably running out of room.  His movements have started to feel more like twists and turns too, opposed to kicks and jabs. 
 
Maternity Clothes:  Not today, but I'm only wearing athletic clothing.  I'm surprised at how well some of my regular clothes still fit.  If I knew I may not have bought as many maternity pieces.  I haven't bought a lot, but good fitting pants/jeans/bottoms have been really important to me.  T-shirts have no been quite as important.  I know I still have a little ways to go, but I can't imagine growing out of all my shirts by then.  We'll see though I guess.       
 
Go-to eats: For a long while I was loving chocolate covered raisins, but the last few days they made me feel sick.  We're having taco salad tonight or tomorrow and I'm definitely looking forward to that.  I've been craving Pizza Hut bread sticks, but I haven't eaten any because I've had such an issue with salt.  I don't want to eat them and then feel nasty afterwards.   
 
Best moment/s of the week:  We had the entire weekend to ourselves.  We got some house projects done, although the house looks worse than it did when we started.  We went to Menards.  We got breakfast together on Sunday morning.  We got to go to church.  We played with Comet.  It was so blissful and I'm so thankful for it!  I also got to meet a friend's baby and see my last nanny family :)
 
Hardest moment/s of the week:  There wasn't really anything hard about last week.  I'm thankful for that.
 
Gender:  Little Hammar is a Mr.

What I wish people knew:  John has been my greatest support through all of this.  He's great. 
 
What I’m looking forward to:  We are touring the birth center on Wednesday evening and we have our last baby shower on Sunday.  My grandparents from Nebraska are coming so it will be fun to see them.  I'm so happy to get to include them in this exciting part of our lives. 
 
Milestones: You can recognize simple songs.  I told your dad I'm trying to get you to love country music before you even come out, so hopefully they're simple enough :)
 
To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment