Tuesday, May 7, 2013

twenty four weeks = six months!

Date/How Far Along: May 7, 2013 = 24 weeks and 3 days.

Size of baby: Canteloupe.

Sleep: No complaints about sleep.  I've been more tired, but that could be because it's gotten nice out and we've been walking a lot.

Total Weight Gain:  We have a midwife appointment on Friday so we'll see.  I might be close to 150.  Argh.  Today's little reading from one of my pregnancy phone apps said to keep telling myself, "I am not fat, I am growing a baby."  I think I'll have to write that down somewhere so I can look at it everyday.

Symptoms:  Random aches and pains.  There are muscles that I didn't even know I had that will hurt if I turn over in bed wrong or sit for too long in one position.  My hips/lower back have been tight too.  I guess they're just trying to support the weight in the front.

Movement:  He is a little mover in there!  John has felt him now so that's wonderful for me.  I don't know if he thinks being able to feel him is quite as exciting as I do, but I was glad he got to feel it.  Now if my family asks to feel I don't feel bad because John has already felt it.

Maternity Clothes:  There's been a weird little turn for me.  I didn't used to like wearing long-sleeve t-shirts that were fitted because I felt like I was fat and every roll was exposed (John and I have argued over it numerous times.), but now I've been wearing all my long-sleeve shirts.  I figure at least I'm getting good use out of them.  I now know there are a few baby showers planned, so I'm looking for a cute dress or two.  We'll see how that goes.

Go-to eats:  Toasted peanut butter and jelly.  Almonds.  Cheese.  This weekend I wanted Ruby Red Squirt so bad, but we couldn't find it anywhere.

Best moment/s of the week:  John and my sister Hannah did a great job finishing their trail race on Saturday.  It was freezing, but fun for me to watch.  (Finish Line Photo!) Painting two of the nursery walls and picking out the blue color we want for the other two walls.

Hardest moment/s of the week:  Just when I feel like I've settled into this pregnancy, into feeling strong at yoga and mentally sound my body changes.  My hips were getting more flexible and I was feeling like I had a pretty good sense of my changing balance, but last week I was so tight and felt like I was starting all over again.

Gender:  Baby Hammar is a little boy :)


What I wish people knew:  Google/the Internet can be an incredibly helpful, yet devastatingly painful and stress-inducing tool during pregnancy.  Use it wisely.  If a piece of information is startling, back up, take a deep breath and maybe come back to it later or disconnect for the day completely. 


What I’m looking forward to:  Supper with a friend tomorrow night.  A Latt get together on Saturday.  Mother's Day at the Twins Game.

Milestones:  You're gaining fat, so your little body is starting to fill itself out, making you look more like a miniature newborn.

To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment