Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day.  The first one that isn't just about my mom, my grandmas, my mother-in-law, it's about me too.  I'm included in the group of women who call themselves mommas. I'm not 100% sure about how I should feel, but I know I have emotions surrounding the day just like any other first for me in life.  I just read a blog I follow and she brought another great point into the mix.  (Feel free to check it out)  It might be just a day to some people, but espcially this year it's significant to me. 

Today will be fun.  We get to go to a Twins game and sit in the party deck because John's job rented it out for today's game.  I will never complain about free food and a free Twins game.  John said if I'm up for it we could maybe go get sushi later too (Second indulgence, check out this blog post :)  If John wakes up sometime soon we might even take the dog for a walk around my favorite path.  I want to remember the day, soak it in and enjoy. 

There is more to today than fun and relaxation and special treatment.  I get to be a momma.  The thought just sends warm fuzzies to my heart and it makes me free SO blessed.  I send prayers up everyday thanking God for creating my body to do the incredible task of making a child (Shoutout to John for his help. Couldn't have done it without him :).  I feel so lucky to feel this babe kick and squirm in his little baby palace everyday.  I am so thankful that it only took us a few months to conceive.  My heart aches for couples who have tried and tried.  In a few months I'll get to experience labor and delivery and this little guy is my finish line.  I've gotten awards and medals before, but this prize is be the most incredible.  My motherly instinct is already in full force.  I am very defensive when people try to tell me what will work best for this or that.  He's mine (ours) and he is already so loved.  I will do my best as his momma.  I know I'll make mistakes, but I will apologize for them and try my best to do better in the future.  He is my little love bug and I cannot wait to meet him.

So I want to send a Happy Mother's Day out to all the mommas out there, from those who are pregnant to those who have taken up grandmother duty :)  I pray for those who are trying and hope to one day experience their first Mother's Day.  I know I'll be thankful for taking this little time to reflect on what a wonderful blessing it is to be someone's mom. 

My momma and me.  Christmas 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment