Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pregnancy and Maternity Clothes

I have been striking out on finding a cute and flattering maternity dress, but wanting to look on the bright side I decided to share some of my favorite maternity pieces so far.  It's hard to try and gather information about maternity clothes, everyone's body is different and does pregnancy different and every manufacturer seems to be somewhat different.  I have also been trying to find other pregnant mommas who blog to get their take, but haven't found many posts.  Making the search even harder is the fact that most styles are offered online.  There is some availability in stores, but not a lot to choose from unless I want to spend $30 on a t-shirt, which is not going to happen.  In my wardrobe I currently have items from Old Navy Maternity, Thyme Maternity (Babies R Us), Target Maternity, Kohls Maternity and H&M Maternity.  I probably got half online and half in store.  I continue to go through the sale rack at Gap Maternity and Destination Maternity, but their items are spendy and I haven't been able to pull the trigger on anything.  I am still able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy clothing like yoga/workout clothes and t-shirts, but jeans are really out of the question.  I like my Belly Band, but it's not super comfortable.  Here are the pieces I have loved so far:

1.  Leggings:  My favorites are a pair I have from Old Navy.  I bought them in heather grey, but they are also available in black.  They do not have a belly panel.  They are low-riding, so they fit right under my belly bump.  As a size reference I am 5'4" and weighed 133 lbs when I found out I was pregnant.  I would've bought a medium pre-pregnancy, so that's what a bought and they're great.  They hit at my ankles, so I'm not swimming in them.  I paid $8; $10 on sale with a 20% coupon online.  Old Navy does carry a full panel pair of leggings as well.  The other pair I have are from H&M.  They have a full panel, so they cover my whole stomach.  They are also LONG, so they fit comfortably right up to the balls of my feet.  I either just wear them over my feet or fold them up.  I bought this pair in store and I'm pretty sure they were $12.95.

Leggings from Old Navy:  http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=94676&vid=1&pid=691581012
Leggings from H&M:  http://www.hm.com/us/product/96692?article=96692-A

2.  Jeans:  I've heard maternity jeans are SO hard to find for some women.  I got lucky and found a pair I was comfortable in at the first place John and I looked.  I got them at Babies R Us.  They have a new line of maternity wear called Thyme.  Our store doesn't have a huge selection, but enough for me to find a pair that fit well.  They are straight leg, dark wash, petite jeans.  They have a full panel in the front that they say can be folded down, but it's most comfortable when I wear it all the way up my bump.  I got them in a medium and I still have plenty of room to grow in them.  When I bought them they were on sale for $45, but Babies R Us was running a sale of buy one, get one 50% off.  I picked out another pair of pants, so they both ended up being about $30/pair.  Since it is getting warmer out I've started to just roll up the pants a little and wear them with my TOMS and that look seems to work too.

Jeans:  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19142676

3.  Shirts:  I have a bunch of maternity shirts from a bunch of different places.  I believe all of them are mediums.  I love them all because they show off the bump.  I did have a little trouble with a few from ON because they were HUGE even though they were the same size as the others.  I love the ones from Babies R Us because they are long on me, so I feel comfortable wearing them with just leggings.  The one long sleeve I have from Target fits everywhere, but the arms are short.  Not sure if it shrunk or if that's just the fit of the shirt.  I have a darling 3/4 sleeve t-shirt that John picked out and I really love that one too.  Kohls also has a small selection and my mom got me a cute t-shirt from there.  Here's a few that I have:

Tanks from ON:  http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5801&vid=1&pid=855656432
Shirts from Babies R Us:  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19142526&cid=1203900
John's Pick (I have it in cool color tones):  http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5807&vid=1&pid=334922012
Gift from Mom (I have it in a coral color):  http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1296128/oh-baby-by-motherhood-striped-ruched-tee-maternity.jsp

I also love these yoga shorts I got from Old Navy:
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=64306&vid=1&pid=373241002

I hope that was at least a little helpful if anyone is looking for some clothing advice.  Keep an eye on sales because they honestly have helped me save a bunch of money.  I didn't pay full price for any of the pieces I currently have.  I hope that soon I'll be able to add a few more summery items to my wardrobe as it is getting hotter and hotter here.  I'm still crossing my fingers for a dress as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment