Tuesday, August 6, 2013

thirty-seven weeks.


Date/How Far Along: August 6, 2013 = 37 weeks and 3 days.  Eighteen days until our Guess Date and no more than thirty-two days until Baby Hammar is here!
Size of baby:  Watermelon (See photo below)  Baby Averages: 18.9-20.9 inches long and 6.2-9.2 pounds.
Sleep: I've had to pee so much in the night, but I also drink lots of water before and while I'm sleeping.  It seems to keep my leg cramps at bay, so I'm not going to change that.  I'm still tired most of the time, but it's not going to change once he comes :) 
Total Weight Gain:  At my appointment last Friday I was 160.8 so I think that means I've gained 27 pounds total.  I can't remember if I started at 133.6 or .8.  Since I only have a few weeks left I hope that means only a little more weight gained.  I have appointments with the midwife every week up until he comes, so I'll have an update every week. 
Symptoms:  John is still being a gentleman and helps me get out of chairs or off the floor where I choose to put on my socks and shoes.  I've still been having a lot of groin pain and lots of pressure down there, which is apparently normal because he should be moving down.  I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions as well.  Thankfully my uterus is practicing :)      
Movement:  So much stretching and he is STRONG!  His feet stick out on my right side that it feels like I'm going to burst open.  It's crazy.  I love knowing when he's awake and when he's sleeping.  He is very active at night after I eat supper.  I'm worried that I'm going to feel sad that he won't be inside me anymore.  I'm ready to stop feeling heavy and sore, but I think I'm going to have to babywear a lot!
Maternity Clothes:  Yup.  My athletic clothes are starting to get tight.  I've been wearing these "Simbad" pants, as John calls them.  They are actually pre-pregnancy pants from Victoria's Secret.  I think they're meant to be a swimsuit cover-up.  I got a robe to bring with to the hospital :)  
Go-to eats:   Salad and cheese.  Ice cream.  Last night I wanted alfredo so bad, but we didn't have any.  It was a big bummer.  I actually still really want it.  I might have to stop on my way home.  I've been craving Mexican food too.  
Best moment/s of the week:  Getting closer and closer to our guess date.  Having time with John and Comet.
Hardest moment/s of the week:  I'm doing great.  I'm just ready to be done :)
Gender:  He's going to be my sweet boy!

What I wish people knew: Breastfeeding is a little scary.  I'm nervous it'll be hard and I won't be able to do it.  It's just something that is very important to me and I really want both myself and the babe to be successful at it. 
What I’m looking forward to:   Hanging out with my momma on Friday to celebrate her birthday.  She gets to come with me to my midwife appointment.  It'll probably be one of the last times I get to hang out with her without babe.  Having him be in my arms.  I cannot wait!  I can't wait to watch John hold him either.  I'm almost sure my heart is going to burst!
Milestones:  You are preparing for birth!  Bring it on babe!  I'm ready when you are!
  
To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment