Monday, August 19, 2013

thirty-nine weeks.


Date/How Far Along: August 19, 2013 = 39 weeks and 2 days.  Five days until our Guess Date and no more than nineteen days until Baby Hammar is here! 

Size of baby:  Baby Averages at 39 Weeks: 18.9-20.9 inches long and 6.2-9.2 pounds.  The site I've been using gives the same averages from last week until forty weeks.  He'll come out soon enough and we'll know how big he is.  The midwife that I saw on Friday said she estimated he was somewhere around high 6 lb to low 7 lb.  I'm an completely happy with that! 

Sleep:  Sleep is different night to night.  Last night seemed really great, but it could've been because I was up at 6:15 and didn't nap.  I am still having to pee at least twice per night and it's getting harder to pull myself up to sitting from laying down.  All too soon I'll be up every 2-3 hours to feed him, so it's good I'm getting partly used to waking up now.     

Total Weight Gain:  I didn't gain any weight at my last appointment, so still I'm almost up thirty pounds total.  I have another appointment Thursday if we go that far, so we'll see then.  Apparently it's not unusual to lose weight right before delivery.   

Symptoms:  We were almost ready to start timing contractions last night.  We went for a walk and I had three strong surges, but still that would only put them about twenty minutes apart.  Our regular walking path is two miles and it now takes me an hour to waddle around the whole thing.  I started experiencing an extreme pressure in my pelvic area too.  I was scared and excited all at the same time.  During/after our walk my body continued to feel like I was getting my period.  I had a few contractions after I got home and John even commented that with one I was standing in the position he had read about (leaning on a chair a little hunched over).  We were so hopeful!  I took a bath and we both went to bed.  Nothing and now I'm sitting at work while Miss B is napping writing my 39 week blog.  So nothing yet.     

Movement:  He has slowed down during some parts of the day.  He usually naps after I have lunch, but he's very active after I eat supper.  He is still so strong and the movements lower in my abdomen are crazy hard.  In the tub last night it looked like I had an alien in my stomach or something.  It's such a miraculous event to watch for me.  It's probably one of the (only) things I'll miss about being pregnant :)

Maternity Clothes:  Yup.  It's a bummer too because some of the athletic clothes that I've been relying on are just plain too tight and uncomfortable now.  I finally started wearing a different pair of pants to yoga just last week because my Nike capris were getting too tight.  I guess I should be pretty happy I made it until 38.5 weeks in pre-pregnancy pants.  I'm still wearing pre-pregnancy yoga pants today too.  I'm hoping they shrink back down after he comes out because I love these ones.

Go-to eats:   I can't say I've had too many strong cravings.  I'm still remembering how good my salad was at Cheesecake Factory and on Saturday night John and I went to El Loro to eat spicy Mexican food to try and coax the baby out :)

Best moment/s of the week:  It was a slow/relaxing week.  My family came on Saturday to help us paint the exterior of our house (yes, at 39 weeks we painted the outside of our house), so it feels great to have that done.  I went on a walk with a friend on Friday and that was nice too.  Yesterday John and I did a lot of relaxing, which was so good for both of us.   

Hardest moment/s of the week:  I'm still sometimes discouraged with labor signs that seem to lead no wear.  Last night's episode of false labor was the hardest.  I just hope he's ready and he comes soon, even though it's just as likely that he comes the week after his due date.

Gender:  Our little boy will be here SO SOON!

What I wish people knew:  It's hard when people keep saying "He'll come when he's ready."  (Please don't feel bad if you've said this to me!)  I understand that logically, but it's very hard to find comfort in that when I feel as crummy as I do.  He will come when he's ready and I'll be happy when it's time!

What I’m looking forward to:  Having this baby!  (This category is not going to change until he comes!)

Milestones:  You are preparing for birth!  Bring it on babe!  I'm ready when you are, so is your daddy!
 
Week 22 and Week 38.5
To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment