Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Letter to My Little One

Dear Sweet Baby Boy,

You were wanted before you were ever conceived!  Your daddy and I have dreamed of having little ones of our own someday and we're so thankful to be so close to meeting you!  We will do our very best to care for you, teach you, laugh with you, cry with you and love you.  You are already so loved little guy, so loved!  I don't want you to ever forget that!

Just so you know, you have the most incredible big brother and I hope you grow up thinking that!  He is going to smother you with kisses and love.  We are pretty sure he'll be very protective of you and he will allow you to crawl all over him if you will share your toys.  He can't wait until you're big enough to play fetch and go on walks with him.  As you get older we know he will be able to teach you what love is.  He loves your daddy and I no matter what.  I'm sure you'll love seeing him when we come home from places because he's always excited to see us.  I know you're already used to his barking because you've heard it a lot while you've been living in your baby palace inside me.  We can't wait for you to meet Comet!  You will love him!  I hope you guys are best friends :)

The next person I want to tell you about is your daddy.  He is the best.  He is elated that you're coming, dubing you The Dragon Warrior from the beginning.  I'm sure you both will have many viewing parties of Kung Fu Panda, it's one of his favorites.  I hope you grow up thinking he's a superhero because he totally is.  He works really hard for our family and that's why I get to stay home with you after you come.  He is very smart and he'll teach you what he knows and learn with you the things he doesn't know.  There are times when he will have you laughing and not even remembering what you're laughing about.  He hopes that you like hockey as much as he does so you can share that bond, but I promise there's no pressure (well maybe a tiny bit).  He likes to rub my belly and talk to you and you always respond, so I know you know his voice.  He talks about how excited he is to snuggle you and show you new places and things.  As we were walking yesterday he was talking about babywearing you around our usual path.  You will always have a special place in his heart as his firstborn.  He can't wait to experience life through your eyes.  I bet you'll be just as handsome as he is!

Lastly, there's me, your momma.  I can't really begin to explain how it's been to carry you for the past 39 weeks.  You truly are a blessing to me and it has been a priviledge to help you grow.  I hope to continue to help you grow and to nurture you after you make your debut into the world.  It has been emotional to be pregnant, but I would never trade that for getting you in the end.  I love to feel you kick and move and respond to my voice or touch.  I can't wait to snuggle you in my arms.  I hope you love to snuggle and Comet will be thankful I'm not forcing him to snuggle all the time.  I can't wait to witness all your "firsts" from yawn to hiccups to words to steps to solid foods.  It's just so incredible to me that your daddy and I get to be there for all of your accomplishments and even your disappointments.  Please know that I will always love you no matter what.  I will promise to be always be in your corner even if it doesn't seem like it.  You are my firstborn.  I love you.
 
Sweet babe, remember that daddy and I will always love you no matter what.  We will be here for you to the best of our abilities.  We can't wait to watch you experience new things and grow to have preferences.  We want to love you and take care of you.  We thank God every day for you sweet boy and pray that you grow up knowing Him and following His plan for you.  Hope to meet you so soon!

Love, Momma   

No comments:

Post a Comment