Monday, August 12, 2013

thirty-eight weeks.

Date/How Far Along: August 12, 2013 = 38 weeks and 2 days.  Twelve days until our Guess Date and no more than twenty-six days until Baby Hammar is here! 

Size of baby:  Baby Averages at 38 Weeks: 18.9-20.9 inches long and 6.2-9.2 pounds.  The site I've been using gives the same averages from last week until forty weeks.  He'll come out soon enough and we'll know how big he is. 

Sleep:  I feel like I haven't had to pee quite as much in the past week.  I am usually up twice, but it's rarely over three times per night.  I'm having more trouble finding a comfortable position to sleep in at this point.  The bump is just hard to work around.  I took a few naps last week and that helped to give me a bit more energy, but it doesn't usually change the time I'm ready for bed. 

Total Weight Gain:  I was at 162.4 at my appointment last Friday, so almost 30 pounds totally.  I'm still not experiencing much if any water retention so that feels good.  The nurse I always see continually comments on my ankles.  I should really tell her thank you for the boost in my mood whenever I hear her compliments :) 

Symptoms:  I felt a little off yesterday.  I've been having more cramping that doesn't feel like contractions, but I'd like to think it's a sign of early labor.  I'm just ready to birth this little guy.  I still have regular stabbing pains in my groin area/pressure down there that feels like the baby might fall out, so that's pleasant especially out in public.  Thankfully I haven't had anyone ask what's wrong while I'm half squatting with my legs flexed in the middle of Cub foods.    

Movement:  It hasn't changed a bit as far as intensity.  He only slows down when he's napping.  I've been feeling more and more movement down lower in my pelvis though.  My whole family was over on Friday night for pizza and he decided to be really active for them which was so much fun.  They were surprised how strong he is.  Hannah and Caite didn't really take their hands off my stomach for a half hour, even Caleb and his girlfriend Jessi felt him.  I love when other people experience what I get to feel on a daily basis.  It'll be so much fun when my siblings have little ones of their own.  

Maternity Clothes: Nothing more to say that yup :) and I have no shame. 

Go-to eats:   I satisfied my Alfredo craving last week and it was delicious!  I haven't really wanted anything specific lately.  I've just eaten our normal foods.  I did take out some ravioli for supper tonight.  I've read that carbo-loading for labor and delivery just like I did for the marathon is a good idea, so I'll probably try to have a few extra Italian meals over the next few weeks.   

Best moment/s of the week:  Great yoga last Wednesday.  Spending Friday with my mom.  She cried at my midwife appointment when she heard his heartbeat :)  While we were at Target a lady with an eight week old and I got to exchange compliments.  It was reassuring to me to see that she honestly looked thin and great for two months postpartum!  The rest of my family joined us for supper at our house on Friday night and that was great.  We all got to meet Erin and Ryan's new pup Charlie.  Yesterday John and I had a wonderful, relaxing day together.  We had Cheesecake Factory for lunch and took Comet on a four mile walk.  It has been a great week! 

Hardest moment/s of the week:  Dealing with pre-labor symptoms that really seem to mean nothing as far as a timeline, but at least they mean we're moving in the right direction. 

Gender:  We're having ourselves a little man!

What I wish people knew:  We're still so thankful for support.  We're thankful for family and friends who we know will be there if we need anything after the babe is born.  We're lucky to have such an incredible support system. 

What I’m looking forward to:  Having this baby!  (This category is not going to change until he comes!)

Milestones:  You are preparing for birth!  Bring it on babe!  I'm ready when you are, so is your daddy!
   
To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment