Tuesday, June 18, 2013

thirty weeks.


Date/How Far Along: June 18, 2013 = 30 weeks and 3 days. 

Size of baby: Basketball

Sleep: I slept without my pillow for the first time on Saturday night and it's wasn't pretty.  Lots of restlessness and waking up.  I am often tired, but I have been trying to make sure I'm in bed before 10pm.
 
Total Weight Gain:  I only know up to the 20 pound mark, but have another appointment this Friday, so I'll get an update.  I feel like he's gaining weight really fast now because I'm always hungry!

Symptoms:  Just some back pain.  I experienced swollen feet for the first time and I had to chuckle at them because I honestly couldn't recognize my own feet.  I guess it was just another way of my body telling me to drink more water and to sit down and take a break. 

Movement:  So much and he's so strong!  On Father's Day my mom, sisters, brother, grandma and mother-in-law got to feel him.  He kicks really hard when I lay on one of my sides.  They all loved feeling him and I love watching them experience it. 

Maternity Clothes:  Yup, except for my swimsuit.  I've been rocking my bikini in the backyard.  We are headed to Duluth this weekend to watch John and my sister Hannah run Grandma's Marathon.  The hotel has a pool and I might bring my maternity swimsuit because I'm not sure my confidence level is quite high enough for a hotel.  

Go-to eats:  I've eaten a lot of pickles recently.  Asian food.  We've been eating lots of carbs for John to load up for the marathon.  I don't feel like I've been having strong cravings for anything in particular, but I'm so hungry all the time!

Best moment/s of the week:  Celebrating Father's Day with John, my dad, John's dad, and John's grandpa Jack.  I got to spend some much needed time with my mom on Sunday morning because I sleep poorly :)  We also finally connected with some friends for supper.  

Hardest moment/s of the week:  Missing John.  I don't know what it is sometimes, I just miss him.

Gender:  I'm carrying a little guy.

What I wish people knew:  Support, kind words and gifts go a long way.  I feel loved because I've found out the baby is already so loved.  It's been such a blessing.
 
What I’m looking forward to: Cheering John and Hannah on while they run their marathon this weekend.  Seeing my aunt Barb and other family this Friday.

Milestones:  Your grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger and you're continuing to gain weight. 

To check out my growing bump click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment