Monday, March 18, 2013

seventeen weeks

Sidenote to my pregnancy posts:  As I post I plan to be completely honest about my feelings and thoughts as we ride this rollercoaster into parenthood.  I plan to use this blog as a way for me to process this journey.  Thanks for taking the time to read.



Date/How Far Along: March 18, 2013 = 17 weeks & 2 days.

Size of baby: Onion

Sleep: I'm sleeping well and trying to enjoy it while it lasts.  I've heard it gets harder and harder between a growing belly and having to pee all the time.  I slept with a pillow between my legs for two days and it got annoying, so I quit. 

Total Weight Gain:  I had my 16 week appointment last Friday (one day short of 17 weeks) and I have gained a total of 5.2 pounds.  I thought I was going to get scolded, but my midwife said that was fine and that I looked great :) I have underestimated how good a comment like that can feel.

Symptoms: It was another wonderful week.  I have nothing to complain about except the fact that winter is holding on a little too long this year. 
 
Movement: Nope.  I just can't wait!

Maternity Clothes: Yes, I've been taking advantage of them.  My mom helped me find a maternity swimsuit.  I tried on clothes and started to pack yesterday for our trip to Florida.  It's going to be a lot of comfy, athletic clothes for me.

Go-to eats:  Still cheese and lettuce.  Yum!  I was really craving chicken nuggets on Friday night, but then ate them and they weren't as good as I wanted them to me. 
 
Best moment/s of the week:  I got to hang out with good friend Emily and her babe Leo on Wednesday.  Saw Hannah, Ethan, Erin and Ryan on Tuesday, and Keri and Jeremy on Sunday.  Best best part was free prenatal yoga on Saturday morning.  The Bump Club of the Twin Cities puts it on along with many other events.  They do prenatal yoga once a month so I will defininetly be going again.  I suggest all Twin Cities mommas to check this out!

Hardest moment/s of the week: 
Swimsuit shopping.
  

 
Gender:  I have no thoughts about it.  There are so many different exciting factors to having either a boy or a girl.  We did get to schedule our 20 week ultrasound apointment for April 12.  I cannot wait!

What I wish people knew:  I want to be okay with not being Super Mom, but it's really hard to think about "failing" or at least not meeting my own expectations.  

What I’m looking forward to: FLORIDA!

Milestones:  Your fingers and toes now have their own unique fingerprints! 

To check out our growing baby bump, click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment