Tuesday, March 26, 2013

eighteen weeks.

Sidenote to my pregnancy posts:  As I post I plan to be completely honest about my feelings and thoughts as we ride this rollercoaster into parenthood.  I plan to use this blog as a way for me to process this journey.  Thanks for taking the time to read.

Date/How Far Along: March 26, 2013 = 18 weeks, 3 days.

Size of baby: Bell Pepper

Sleep:  I've had a couple of pretty bad nights of sleep this past week, but only after I wake up to go to the bathroom.  When I try to get back to sleep my brain just continues to run or I can't find a comfortable position to sleep.  I'm still getting longer blocks of sleep, so I won't complain :)

Total Weight Gain:  I have no idea since we're on vacation and I haven't weighed myself. 

Symptoms:  My stomach has been stretching I think.  My abs have been very sore the last couple of days and I've heard that's a symptom.  I'll be excited about my 19 week photo because I feel bigger than I did when we left for Florida.  I could have actually popped or I'm in warmer weather so I'm not in bulky sweatshirts all day long.  We'll see.

Movement
:  I'm actually not sure if I've been feeling movement or not.  The last two mornings I feel a little pulling when I lay partly on my stomach, but nothing any other time.  My dear friend Melissa said that I'll know when it's baby movement, so maybe this isn't yet.  Soon hopefully!

Maternity Clothes: Yes.  I actually brought a lot to Florida with me.  They're more comfortable and I like that they show off my growing tummy.  I might have to invest in some jeans/nicer pants and shorts for summer.

Go-to eats:  I'm still craving salads.  John and I had a date night last night and all my food was great, but the Caesar salad was so delicious.  I still haven't been craving pop or coffee, which is nice. 

Best moment/s of the week:  We got to go to our dear friends church grand opening on Sunday!  I also got to get a pedicure on Friday for our Florida trip :)

Hardest moment/s of the week:  Leaving Comet behind at the in-laws and the plane ride.  

Gender: I'm not feeling it one way or the other.  My family has all given opinions, but I'll save that for another post.  I think John is still thinking it's a boy.  Our ultrasound is in 17 days!  I'm so excited!

What I wish people knew:  I already feel a little self conscious so please stop staring at my growing tummy while you glare.  If you want to give me an encouraging smile and then stare at my tummy fine.  Just no glaring and staring.

What I’m looking forward to:  Spending the rest of our 18th week in Florida and seeing baby Pootsie on Saturday.

Milestones:  You are starting to hear sounds like my heartbeat and possibly loud noises outside me.  I always tell you good morning so I hope you can hear me.  


To check out our growing baby bump, click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment